What Information we Collect
The types of information we collect:
- Your name
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your credit/debit card number
- Information on how you are using the Sites
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
We collect information when:
- You purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services from the Site.
- You create a threadsbydre.com account.
- You connect with us regarding customer service via our customer service center, or on social media platforms.
- You visit the Site or participate in interactive features of the Site.
- You use a social media service, for example, our Facebook page.
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from us.
- You enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group.
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
- You interact with the site through your computer, tablet or mobile device.
How And Why We Collect Information
We may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. This information helps us customize your website experience and make our marketing messages more relevant for you. It also allows us to provide features such as storage of items in your cart between visits. This includes our content presented on other websites or mobile applications. In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you are shopping our website, performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
Third Party Cookies
User Experience Information
In order to improve customer online shopping experience, help with fraud identification, and to assist our customer care representatives in resolving issues customers may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information, including, but not limited to, login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and other participants, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
How we use the Information we Collect
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you.
- Provide any requested services.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests.
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, receipt messages, e-mails, and mobile messages.
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions.
- Administer promotions.
- Improve the effectiveness of the Site and marketing efforts.
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys.
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy.
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business.
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas.
How we Protect the Information we Collect
We maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard this information, the Site uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) where we collect personal and sensitive information. SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode the information.
Please note that e-mail may not be encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information. “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for certain information, do not respond. Though we might ask you your name, we will never request your password, credit card information or other information through e-mail.
Information About Children
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy and we comply fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information to us, for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our system.
We also ask customers to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to us and their issuing bank or credit card company. We ask all our customers to take measures to help protect information in their online accounts, including the following:
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses.
- Reset your e-mail account passwords frequently.
- Use complex passwords or passphrases.
- Do not use the same password on more than one website.
- Do not share your password with others.
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal.
How we Share the Information we Collect
We do not sell or rent personally identifiable customer information to third parties; except, under limited circumstances outlined below, we may share information with third parties.
We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, e-mail, mobile marketing, logistics, or data enhancement providers) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
We may disclose information you provide to us when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers or others.
When You Direct Us
At your direction or request, we may share your information.
If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that customer information.
International Data Transfers
To the extent that we are deemed to transfer personal information cross-border, we rely on the following legal bases to transfer your information in accordance with legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders:
- Consent (where you have given consent)
- Contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; for example, to process an online payment or deliver a purchased product)
What Choices do you have?
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, click here. You also have the ability to unsubscribe to promotional e-mails via the opt-out link included in each e-mail. It may take up to 10 business days before you stop receiving promotional e-mails.
Important Notices and Transactional E-mail
From time to time, we may send non-commercial electronic email messages with important information about us or the Site to your email address.
We regularly send email order confirmations, email order updates and “leave a review” emails to you after you have submitted an order.
The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Site features.
How do you access and update the information
In order to keep your information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of your information in the following ways:
If you have created an account, you can log in and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
Contact us with your current contact information and the information you would like to access. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe more fully the types of information we typically collect.
Depending on your location, you may also have certain additional rights with respect to your personal information such as (i) the right to obtain a copy of your personal data you provided to us; (ii) the ability to change or correct your personal data through your account settings; (iii) the right to have us delete or limit our use of your personal information, except information we are required to retain, by contacting us.
International Customer Privacy
At this time, Threads By Dre does not service customers outside the United States.